Monday, March 24, 2008

I have a new Sister!



My big brother got married on March 15 and I am THRILLED to say that God blessed me with a new sister, Debra! Watching my brother get married was one of the sweetest moments in my life yet! There are few things in life that seem more important than knowing that your sibling has found an amazing partner for life. Debra is genuine, fun, surprising, gentle, kind, a good friend, and most importantly a woman of genuine faith. I can tell that God is at the center of Tim & Debra's relationship and I can think of nothing more valuable. My favorite part of their wedding day was a precious moment in the midst of their ceremony--they were praying together with a song in the background that reminisced of all the ways God is faithful. As I listened to the song and watched Tim & Debra, I was overjoyed at this beautiful picture of God's faithfulness before me... to bring Tim & Debra together...but more importantly, I was just overwhelmed at the thought of how faithful God is in the entirely of our lives. That is my God!--awesome, amazing, faithful to so many generations. I'm humbled that my family is part of the generations God has been faithful to. What a sweet moment to savor!

Other than that, the weekend was a whilrwind! From a zany and fun rehearsal dinner at AJ's in Templeton, to my unfiltered pillow talk with the bridesmaids that night, to enjoying all of Tim & Debra's friends in the wedding party, to seeing so many of our family members, to dancing the night away at the reception! I had a BLAST! A few of us from the wedding party had an "after party" at Bubba's after the reception and as the night came to a close, I was kind of sad for us all to go home! I love the celebration so much, I was ready to do it all over again the next weekend!

There are a lot of great shots from the wedding, but I'm sure you'll see more on Tim & Debra's site in the near future! In the mean time, there's a really cool one on the photographer's blog that's worth checking out: http://davidpascolla.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Matt Nguyen said...

Well, isn't this fun?!

Linda Z said...

Wow... looks like an extraordinary day for you all. I love how you expressed your thoughts, Charity. Indeed, God is faithful.

aprilmae said...

As an "unofficial" Romano, I just want to echo Charity's comments on what an amazing day it was! God's presence was truly felt, and I am so incredibly happy for Tim and Debra and blessed to have been a part of their special day!

Anonymous said...

Wholy crap! Your brother has the forehead of a neanderthal.