Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Uninvited Houseguest

Everyone knows that we love to have people visit us, but this morning I discovered that someone we did not want had moved into mine and Devon's bathroom: a black widow spider! He had stretched a web from the sink to the wall, and I almost walked into him when I stumbled into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Thankfully I noticed the suspicously black spider, peered closer and saw the tell-tell red hourglass on his belly. I ran to get my camara before I killed him, because it truly would have been a perfect shot, with him dangling upside down on his web, but as I was focusing on him, he zoomed back into his hole between the sink and the counter. I waited for him to come back out all day, and finally, as Devon was getting ready for bed, Tom (we decided he was a peeping Tom since he was hiding out in a girls' bathroom) poked a leg out of his hole! We squirted him with Windex, but we aren't sure if he drowned completely. RIP, Tommy.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey gals! Scary, but exciting. I guess I should start keeping windex in the bathroom just in case. I hope you are all well, miss you. LISA