Monday, January 22, 2007

Yours till the Kitchen Sinks

Our kitchen sink fell down. Actually, the garbage disposal rusted and fell and pulled all the pipes down. This happened while the dishwasher was running, which meant that our kitchen floor turned into a swimming pool, and poor Charity was the only one home and had to mop it up. While it is amazing to live in a big house instead of a tiny apartment and have amenties like dishwashers and washers and driers and backyards, one month of living in a house has also taught me that houses are work, and that things fall apart and break down and need replacing, and while I do want to own my own home some day, I am glad it is not at this stage in my life. But, my sink breaking also made me realize that I shouldn't take having a kitchen to cook in and a warm house to come home to for granted, but should be thankful for God's provision.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if this helps the situation, but it might make you laugh:
watch this. I think it connects on so many levels.

aprilmae said...

Christion, I laughed so hard I cried, and I am not sitting in our nook EVER AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

gotta love the no-sleeves

Clairew said...

thanks for the link guys! my sister (claire's) grew up in san luis...

aprilmae said...

Claire and Lara - you are so welcome! You girls are my inspiration - hopefully this blog will be half as entertaining and well written as yours is!